Sunday, August 18, 2013

Story Chapter 33- Right/Left Brained


Here's a fact about me that I never expected......


My brain dominance:
Left Brain
Right Brain
51%
49%

I am more left-brained than right-brained.My left brain controls the right side of my body. In addition to being known as left-brained, I am also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. I am able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. I usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides me step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for me. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.
_______________________________________________________________

Seriously?

I thought I would most definitely be more right than left brained! So I took the test again, just in case I had some sort of weird bias going on- you know?

I got 50/50 left and right.

So I took it again just to be sure and I got 51% Right or 49% Left.

If you had have asked me I would have told you that I was probably 70% Right and about 30% Left. I'm totally blown away by this result. In some ways it's the best of both worlds really- but I do wonder how has what I've been telling myself about being right brained altered my story?

I wonder if I had have done the test before I started scrapbooking- would I have imagined myself- less able and less creative? 

I also wonder does the fact that I believe I can just go do anything I want - creative or otherwise- change my brained-ness. If I did fewer creative activities would I start leaning more to my left brain?

I also wonder if the reason I get cranky when I haven't exercised my creative brain with actual physical creating is because my left brain is in there lording it over the right?

I also wonder if I wasn't so tired all the time and could actually think would concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems really be forms of expression for me? (Doubt it.)

I do know one thing though- of all the jobs in that list- the only one I want is Librarian! I'd totally love that.


 ♥

No comments: